THE ALDRIDGES STORY
Aldridge’s were established in 1879 as harness makers at 90 Friar Street .
As lifestyles and technology changed, the firm had to move on and harness work was replaced by saddlery and leather goods in 1925.
The premises doubled in size with the purchase of 91 Friar Street, and the saddlery remained a part of the business until 1990, when with the ever increasing demand for luggage and business cases, sadly it had to be excluded.
Peter and Jonny, the fourth and fifth generation of the original family ran the Reading retail shop until its closure in February 2016.
Jonny Aldridge now runs the business from new premises in Woodcote. He specialises in Samsonite replacement/spare parts and has become the UK's leading supplier to both trade and general public.
With the leather trade in the family blood he now stocks Prime Hide and Golunski leather goods, including gents wallets, ladies purses, leather bags and accessories.
The original workshop has recently moved to Woodcote and now specialises in the manufacture of quality handmade leather belts and accessories.